Named after the greeting offered mine host every morning by a housemate, before both of us have had coffee and are lacking the ability to string together sentances.

22.4.08

lo que pasa

My cat goes ape-shit nuts for moths. She loves to watch them, she loves them. She talks to them, but not in a whiny ''feed me'' kind of way. She coos at them, as if these insects merit a voiced purr. She chases them--jumping on counter tops that make me irate. I do, incidentally, mean to say that the counter top makes me irate; it's an un-glued, wobbly thing that has cost me more than the odd cup of coffee and clean shirt. When you wash your clothes by hand, you really hate things that stain shirts. Anyway, the point is that the cat, she runs, she jumps, she maws and mews, all for these moths. And when she has them, she kills them and eats them. There is no cherishing in the animal kingdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home